Sunday, December 14, 2003

Where has the time gone? Oh yes, it's December - that explains everything. December is the month when already busy mums try to squeeze two months' worth of activities into one action-packed month.

Yesterday (Saturday), Noble Spouse's clutch cable snapped. I became the family taxi for the weekend. I notched up FIVE return trips to Paisley and one to Glasgow city centre yesterday. Two trips to Bearsden and another trip to Paisley today. I've done all the mundane multiple laundry loads, baked the Christmas cake, "baked" bread (thanks to the bread-machine), made pies, puddings and gingerbread, written Christmas cards and practised the organ.

So here I am, at 11 pm, as hyper as a helium-filled balloon and just as likely to go fizzing up into the hemisphere! Quick, find me a glass of wine and some soothing music!

Things could have been worse. The clutch cable could have snapped next weekend, when we have a Sunday School party, bigger kids' Sunday school outing, two choir practices and two choir carol concerts to add to the usual recipe of commitments and obligations!

I'm off. I can't concentrate any longer, and the washing machine needs emptying yet again.

Fizz! Wheeee! She's finally lost the place!

No comments: