Sunday, January 18, 2004

What a week, what a weekend! Noble Spouse blotted his copybook on Thursday - by ringing me at work (when he had a "free" five hours in the middle of the day) to ask ME to make HIM a hair appointment. A quick opinion poll amongst friends reassured me that my reaction wasn't excessive. He got to the hairdressers in person before I got round to phoning them in my one-and-a-half hour late coffee break to see if he had made that appointment!

Friday night supermarket run, Saturday morning to town for three boys' haircuts at 8.30 am. Has to be this way - I'm too embarrassed by their bickering and boisterous behaviour to let them be in the shop at the same time as other normal customers! Then to Paisley to drop no.3 son off to a party, no.1 son off at orchestra, finally back to Glasgow to pick up a car wrench from the dealer and then home to do an eBay posting session at the post office with no.2 son. He assured me this took over an hour. It was actually under 15 minutes.

Got home to a message to say that dotty aunty had fallen on black ice on her way out to lunch with a friend. Noble Spouse spent the rest of the afternoon in casualty, but aunty was allowed home - it was thought she might go completely nuts if they took her into hospital. She still could need surgery on her skinned leg if it doesn't heal properly. She was arm in arm with a friend when the accident happened - so they both fell down - but yet again it raises questions as to whether she is really in need of residential care, where absolutely everything would be done for her and she would hardly go outside at all. She was apparently very confused in casualty.

No.2 son had a friend over for a sleepover for the first time last night. They got to sleep ludicrously late (of course!) and woke the other two at 5.25 am. The house was also substantially noisy. That little boy is going to become a man with a BIG booming voice, I just know it! Still, they were happy and didn't argue, and the little visitor certainly ate well. I presume that means it was a success.

Took no.1 son to an RSNO concert in the concert hall this evening - movie tunes, which we both thoroughly enjoyed. He was terribly tired after his early morning wakeup call, but will doubtless bounce back tomorrow!

I have a busy week ahead of me so it's time to stop now. I need to read up some notes about job evaluation.

No comments: