Sunday, February 15, 2004

Well, five days later - my friend's asthmatic boy is thankfully home again, and making progress. The fellow professional in Birmingham is out of hospital, but I don't know any more than that. Closer to home, our confused Auntie has realised our worst fears, by wandering around her neighbourhood on Thursday morning - begging friends and neighbours to take her home. "They've left me here, and I don't know how to get home", she was saying. Golly mick, this can't continue - she's clearly not safe to live alone any more. Friday saw my husband in conference with the care-providers, psychiatric nurse and so on, agreeing that a fortnight of respite care in a residential home might be a good first step. How soon can it be arranged?! This is too much stress for the Noble Spouse to carry around with him day by day.

Oh, sorry. He doesn't like being referred to as a Noble Spouse. Must think of something else.

Nice quotation from our youngest boy - he was listening to Classic FM on the radio, and told me at lunchtime that he'd "been listening to a piano concerto. A Greek piano concerto." I racked my brains to think of a Greek composer of piano concerti, and finally realised the composer wasn't Greek, but Scandinavian - Edvard GRIEG! Not many five-year olds have such an in-depth appreciation of the classics, do they?!

No comments: