Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Too many meetings! When you work in a small team, you end up representing the unit on all sorts of committees. Last Wednesday I went to Birmingham by train. This Monday I went to Edinburgh.

Today I had a meeting at work first thing, then went to Dundee for a meeting. I was virtuous - I took my laptop, worked on an article on the journey there, co-authored a PowerPoint presentation when I got there, did some research reading for the rest of the journey, and more research reading for most of the return journey.

Next Wednesday I'm off to Peebles. Sigh!

Of course the problem with all this dashing around is that you're exhausted by the end of the day. Could I do any more reading this evening? Nope! I'm brain-dead. I've put the immersion heater on for a late-night bubblebath. Such are the heights of luxury to which I aspire. Oh yes, and the glass of rose wine that will await me after that.

When I stop, I fall asleep. Last night, waiting while GuitarBoy had his lesson, I thought I'd indulge in some quality Rest and Relaxation. Wiggled my toes, watched my breathing, promptly fell asleep. I didn't dare try again on the train today, in case I overshot Dundee and found myself in Aberdeen!



Stop the train, I want to get OFF!!

(Image = book, Stop the train! by Geraldine McCaughrean. Read the review at ReadingMatters.co.uk)

No comments: