Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I have an insurmountable problem. I'm on a diet, and the skirt suit I plan to wear to my brother's wedding may not fit me by the time we get to the wedding. I suppose the jacket will still be okay, but the skirt will hang on me. I bought them from BhS only a few weeks ago ... but before their Sale started. Does Sauchiehall Street have a size 12? What do you think? Braehead? Nope. Edinburgh? Don't think so, but someone else will look in the morning.

In desperation, I emailed BhS. Now say a prayer for me, or keep your fingers crossed. I don't want to have to alter the size 14 myself, though I'm quite prepared to if necessary.

SuperSpouse bet me I couldn't lose a stone in three weeks. I've lost three pounds in three days, and now he's worried.

Meanwhile, I went to see an orthopaedic surgeon about my sore knee this morning - and I'm stuck with it. It only hurts to kneel on it. I don't kneel to pray, but I do kneel to help readers find books at work! The cure would be worse than the condition, so all I can do is avoid kneeling! (Good thing I'm not a nun or a priest, I suppose.) I missed 2.5 hours of work - but at least I won't be missing any work for an operation, and I'm relieved about that.

I must show you my wee kilted Scotsmen. I'm so proud ...
I should explain that no.1 son doesn't have a kilt just now, having outgrown his own and passed it on to no.2 son! One day, we'll get them all in kilts, of course.

No comments: