Friday, March 17, 2006



Well, I've survived my first supermarket trip since my surgery four weeks ago. I didn't expect to find the trolley heavy. I could have done without having a trolley with shoogly wheels, too. It's sod's law, isn't it? When you really, truly don't want a wonky trolley, you find too late that you've got one.

I came home, put everything away, and sank into a comfy chair with a cup of tea. That was enough effort for one day! I felt a bit stupid, pushing that damned trolley a few paces then stopping to have a rest. Manhandling it into a forward direction, having another wee push, then slowing down again. Humph. Do I feel like doing some research reading now, at 9.54 pm? Well, would you?

Tomorrow afternoon, I'm off to the hairdresser. My beautiful mahogany hair wasn't noticed the first time it was done. My hairdresser intensified the colour the next time - but, even when it was redder, my menfolk didn't notice. Now, I have discussed the possibility of going copper, or even red, with the girls at the salon. But truth to tell, I have gone off the idea. Something has to be done, as the white hairs are showing again. So - what next? Watch this space. It won't be noticed, so in a sense, it doesn't actually matter what I do to it. How about a middle-aged punk haircut? You dare me to?

The final straw? Our kettle has sprung a leak. I've fetched the old one down from the attic, but we've only had the new one for three or four months. It's a trivial grumble, but just rounds off a perfect Friday ...

No comments: