Monday, April 10, 2006

Twirling like a top, Pseudo-Supermum tore through Sunday like a supermarket trolley-dash:-

  1. Set bread-machine going
  2. Church
  3. Ditch first bread attempt (didn't count the cups of flour right!) and start again
  4. Cook chicken Maryland and corn fritters
  5. Start measuring ingredients for farmhouse fruitcake
  6. Eat lunch
  7. Finish off fruitcake
  8. Start flapjacks
  9. Slice successful second bread attempt
  10. Collect bass-guitarist for evening Gospel-singing service
  11. Tea
  12. Gospel-singing service
  13. Make curry sauce for Monday evening
  14. Realise it's burned and make second curry sauce for Monday evening
  15. Collapse

I woke today and realised to my horror that it was Monday again with another hectic week ahead of me.

I coughed and sneezed my way through work, and came home gratefully to eat prawn curry put together by Super-Spouse. Returned DVDs to shop, had a couple of paracetamol with a cup of coffee (a-choo!), supervised the Changing of the Hamster Cage, made chilli-sauce for Tuesday (careful not to burn it, as I have now used up ALL our tomatoes, tinned and fresh), fiddled around a bit and now -

To get on with some reading. Serious reading. It's a hard life being a Pseudo-Supermum.

On a completely different note, I got a heart-warming email from one of our music suppliers today. He apologised for not replying sooner, and gave a web-address which explained why he'd been off work. Naturally, curiousity got the better of me. And there, in all her cute pinkly-dressed glory, was his new daughter Erica. The most beautiful baby girl I've ever seen! I kept her photo on my computer the whole day long. All together now, aaaaah!

No comments: