Tuesday, May 16, 2006

  • Tuesday after breakfast. Turn on mobile phone to find a voicemail message from no.2 son's friend. Would he like to go for a play-date on Saturday? You never know if this is an arrangement sanctioned by the friend's parents, though - and I had to wait until this evening before I could speak to them.
  • Tuesday after work. Now no.2 son wants to take a different friend to football training tomorrow and then home for tea. A nice idea - but you have to pay for the football as a block of lessons, and fill in a parental permission form. Which I can't do for someone else's child ...
  • Tuesday before tea. No.3 son wanted his friend to come round to play. The friend suggested he could come and have tea at our house. I rang his mum to see if she knew about this idea. Yes, she had been told. No, he couldn't come to tea - she would be ready to serve his tea in just ten minutes' time!
  • Tuesday after tea. No.3's friend came round to play. The mother of no.2's first friend confirmed that he is invited to go and play on Saturday. And the mother of no.2's second friend knew nothing about the football arrangement! (I phoned just to make sure she wasn't expecting us to collect him from school - but she said that she never believed a word of what her son told her, in any case!)

Meanwhile, down in Norfolk, a new nephew was born today. Welcome, Zachary!

1 comment:

Helen said...

I like you site Supermum. Re: posting to www.mymurphyslaw.com, I think my exams went okay, waiting for marks on the 23rd. Not sure why I do this to myself, I'm pursuing a degree for personal interest only -- not related to any employment opportunities. But I'm about to downgrade from 3 courses this year to 1 next fall; I mean, let's be realistic...