Saturday, June 10, 2006

I'm under house-arrest!

I should explain that on Wednesday, Currys rang up to say that we and 399 other households would not be getting our new TVs delivered that day - because their computer system had suffered a major glitch. My apologies to the lady at Currys who was on the receiving end of SuperSpouse's annoyance. We both took time off work to be at home for that delivery - and SuperSpouse lost out financially, because he had to pay someone else to cover for him.

Okay, so now it's Saturday, the day of the rescheduled delivery. I am not permitted to open the back door, and certainly not to step on the back doorstep, in case I don't hear the doorbell.

Let me tell you a story. When we got the doorbell installed, we both went to the far end of the [tiny]garden to check that we could still hear the doorbell if the window and door were open. Now think about it. The doorstep is at the near end of the garden. Ho-hum!

The man from Currys says he'll be here in half an hour. I do hope so! We must be the only family in the UK getting a new TV as the World Cup starts, but not honestly caring about the World Cup in the slightest. On the other hand, it will be nice to be able to watch something else on TV tonight!

Now I'm going to get on with some research reading. Excuse me ...

No comments: