Thursday, June 22, 2006

My head hurts!

Well, it has been a busy day. I left the house just after 8 am. Did a day at work, went to the end-of-term party and retiral "do" (briefly) then went to collect my car.

Collected Cello-Boy and went to a meeting about his forthcoming camping trip. Took him back to his hall of residence and got back home just after 9 pm.

Now, there were a couple of surprises. No.3 son was not pyjama'd ready for bed. However, no.2 son had not only finished his Capital City project on Amsterdam - he and SuperSpouse had also made biscuits for a school cake and candy stall tomorrow. I didn't actually know that SuperSpouse could bake. Cook meals, yes of course, but not bake. Does that mean I might yet get a birthday cake on my birthday???

Anyway, no.3 son was soon chased to bed, and no.2 son was not too far behind him. Then the fun began. Cello-Boy's cello case zip was causing a problem. It got its teeth all tangled. I managed to rescue it, but you can be sure it'll jam or split again fairly soon. With a music course coming up, that didn't seem a very good idea. I've spent the rest of the evening researching soft cello cases on the internet! It's not as easy as it seems. The supplier has to be in the UK. The case has to be thick enough, as well as the right size - but not a deluxe super-duper model, or a hard case, because Cello-Boy will outgrow the instrument before too long in any case (pardon the pun!).

Now at 11.17 pm, I can stop. I've bought a new case. I hope it arrives soon!


No comments: