Friday, September 01, 2006

Poor Viola kid! He's got the cough that Superspouse took round Europe this summer (Glasgow - Hungary - Glasgow - Germany - Holland - Glasgow) then gave me. And now it's Viola kid's turn, so I have to concede that he wasn't a happy bunny this morning.

He had cough medicine. He had Calpol. He had toast (not his usual cereal) for breakfast. And he really didn't want to go to school. I don't think he believed me when I assured him that colds always feel worse first thing in the morning then improve once you've been up for a while.

Before I went to work, I went and bought cough-sweets. Then left for work.

I am informed that almost instantly, the invalid perked up remarkably, and indeed had a good day at school. It is mean and horrible of me to imagine that he might have been exaggerating his ailment for my benefit...

Okay, I'm mean and horrible. Not a supermum, and certainly not a Yummy Mummy (yuck!). Reader, what kind of mum are you?!

No comments: