Saturday, November 18, 2006

Stressful times ...
Things aren't going too well in our house at the moment. Or should I add, it's not what's going on in the house, so much as what's happening to the people who live there.

Overstressed, I flung a wooden spoon into the washing-up bowl last night. You wouldn't think that would hurt either the spoon or the bowl, now would you?! Luckily, it wasn't hard to replace a bowl. The lady in Asda looked at me kind of strangely when I told the new bowl solemnly that it was about to go into a battle zone ...


But I can assure you that it looked me in the eye and assured me that it was more than equal to the task. And strode forth bravely, without a care in the world. I'll have to stick to flinging dishcloths, in future. (I still have memories of my mother being so enraged at Dad that she flung a wet dishcloth at him. Scary stuff! I had such a traumatic childhood.)

No comments: