Sunday, December 17, 2006

Church this morning, a last choir-practice before our Big Event this evening, then home to lunch.

"Mum? Are you doing anything this afternoon? Can we go to the pictures."

Snarl. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I wanted to go to Braehead to start getting the 22 Christmas presents remaining on my list. Indeed, I was going to go, and there wasn't time to go to the pictures. (Apart from his having been to France, Xscape AND LaserQuest in the past nine days.)

I went to the bus-stop (to avoid the parking problem). Waited 25 minutes - no bus, just loads of football supporters. Went home, disconsolate.

I am happy to announce that I bought about half of the gifts, online. I still have to go to work (yes, boring, I know), go and hear Cello-kids school Christmas concert, go carol-singing at an old folks' home, do some research (ha-ha! just when?) and keep the house going. Quite when I'll finish the Christmas shopping is a moot point.

But tonight - yes, TONIGHT, now that I've seen the Christmas Carol Service to a successful conclusion - I have to write those Christmas cards. And I have to write the annual circular letter first. 'Scuse me, folks ...

(Did someone say something about going to the cinema? Not this side of Christmas.)

No comments: