Monday, January 08, 2007


Was I intending to "take it easy" yesterday? Fat chance!

I cleaned, cooked, baked, washed, ironed, put away, dismantled the Christmas tree ...

Got up early today (because it's Monday, and Cello-boy goes back to his halls of residence at 7.20 am) - rushed around like the conventional dervish that I am, and finally found myself sitting on the subway ... and realising I had forgotten my office key.

I flew off that train before the doors closed. BACK to the car, BACK to the house, found the office keys, gulped a quick coffee to help the headache tablets do their work, then rushed BACK to the carpark and BACK to the subway. Phew! Nothing like a good rush to keep the circulation in good repair!

My head, my aching head. Not to mention the neck and upper back. I haven't been comfortable today, but I have worked hard. I'm off to a meeting in Dundee tomorrow, and it needed preparation. I'm prepared. (I also found a couple of books that were allegedly missing, traced another book that someone thought we didn't even have, and ordered a few replacements, before cataloguing a whole pile of readers' requests that accumulated while I had the brass neck not to be there last week!

My laptop is fully charged, my online shopping order is completed, and I am ready for my supper, then bed! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Happy to acknowledge source of image:- http://home.earthlink.net/~tranqbase/images/headache.jpg

1 comment:

mommyguilt said...

Wow! You deserve a hot soak in the bath...let me repharase that: You deserve and UNINTERRUPTED hot soak in the bath!