Saturday, February 03, 2007

I was sent this by a friend the other day. I suspected it might be an urban myth, but it's very funny all the same:-
___________________________________________

.. we offer the following ad which recently ran in a Utah publication. It's even funny without the inevitable Utah and marriage humor implications.


$10,000 06' Suzuki GSXR 1000 Farmington, UT 84025 - Aug 7, 2006 2006 Suzuki 1000. This bike is perfect! It has 1000 miles and has had its 500 mile dealer service. (Expensive) It's been adult ridden, all wheels have always been on the ground. I use it as a cruiser/commuter. I'm selling it because it was purchased without proper consent of a loving wife. Apparently "do whatever the f*** you want" doesn't mean what I thought. Call me, Steve. (801)867-8292
____________________________________

Now, other people have thought this was an urban myth, too. It has been widely reported. Many people have suggested selling the wife and keeping the bike - that's a bit of a misognistic cliche, though, isn't it?

________________________________________

One reporter went so far as to dial the number. Steve's recorded message said, "I've sold the Suzuki. Don't leave any more messages!" He sounded desperate.

No comments: