Monday, March 05, 2007

Into tonight’s chaos, came the flurry of packing a bag for Viola Kid. He's going on his residential music course tomorrow morning. It wasn’t supposed to take long. But all those little things add up - “Well, where are your wallet/ spare trainers / slippers / whatever?” Not to mention charging up my old Pseudo-Super mobile phone, which is too old for anyone to want to nick it.

Did I have a spare tube of toothpaste? Got it in one. We’ll all use the only tube of toothpaste tomorrow, send Viola Kid off with it, and I’ll have to buy a replacement in my lunchbreak!

Blissfully alone …?





Meanwhile, Ocarina-Kid is all excited at having ALL the toys and games to himself for three nights, and of course Viola-Kid is beside himself at the thought of going to an outdoor education centre even if it is primarily for a music course.







I never stopped to think that my meal-plans for the rest of the week would be for three people, not four, so I had to revise what we’re having tomorrow. No point in defrosting a solid pack of four pieces of frying steak, if there are just the three of us, so instead I had to make a curry sauce and get chicken pieces out to defrost instead. There’s no rest for the wicked!

Another lovely day?


Not only did I get an hour in the Special Collections doing a little gentle research at the Uni Library to finish off my day - I also got a bargain picture-frame at lunchtime. My German penfriend sent me a lovely big calendar last year, with various cartoons of cats. One month depicted a cat, a lute, a music stand and some music. I loved it so much that I couldn't bear to throw it away, so now - I don't have to! It's hanging on the wall above my desk, and I'm dead chuffed with it.

No comments: