Saturday, March 17, 2007

Now, where was I?

Oh yes, I mentioned problems with my car. It went to the garage 11 days ago, and I learned how to bleed the cooling system. This didn't cure it. It went on overheating.
Back it went to the garage, and I hired a Yaris. I had it for a week - and I was scared witless. I'm 48 years old, but I'd never hired a car, and certainly never driven a car with a mere 145 miles on the clock. Yikes!

The hire car went BACK to the hire company yesterday, but then I learned that my own car, far from firing on all cylinders, was languishing at the garage, refusing to start at all. Admittedly, with the cylinder-head having been repaired and the cylinder-head gasket replaced. But a car is just a heap of metal if it won't GO.

I'm waiting. Hopefully, poor old Xantia will be returned to me very soon, and then I can do the supermarket run. It's amazing how much you miss a car when you are without it.

Update on the boys:- Cello Kid won his class in the Glasgow Music Festival. So did Viola Kid, a week later. We're still waiting for Viola Kid's Viola exam results, mind you. And we've entered him for a guitar exam next term.

We entertained last night. I'm proud to announce that my totally vegan meal was very successful. It was a new challenge. We had a great evening, but as soon as the visitors were away and the dishwasher loaded, we slumped in front of the TV and next thing we knew ....

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

It was after 2 am. Cello-Kid informs us that he came to say goodnight just after 11 pm, saw us asleep and left us there. I told him that another time, he had my permission to wake me up and send ME to bed!

No comments: