Friday, June 15, 2007










Spot the Difference

Now, boys and girls, we're going to play a little game. How many differences can you see between these two cars?
  • Yes, one is black, and the other is silver.
  • Yes, one is a Citroen and the other a Corsa.

Well done! Let's use our imaginations now:-

  • One of these cars belongs to your family and lives outside your house.
  • The other one does not. It has been hired, but you haven't seen it yet.

Okay? So, if you saw one, you would recognise it. If you saw the other, it wouldn't ring any bells at all.

.

Last night, I came out of the subway and went for my car. As I pulled out of the car-park onto the high street, someone tooted. Super-Spouse often tells me that if I've done nothing wrong, then the tooting won't be directed at me. I ignored it. Indeed, I didn't even register which car was tooting. I looked up the street to make sure it was clear to turn out. The driver of a silver car gesticulated back round the corner.

.

Oh, I see. He says he's turning left so it's okay for me to pull out. Which I did, and drove home.

.

As soon as I'd got out of the car, a silver car tore up the street behind me. The driver leapt out. "You %*%!%$? idiot!" (Well, this is Govan, you know.) "You SAW me. You looked STRAIGHT THROUGH ME. You just IGNORED me. How DARE you?!!"

.

It was SuperSpouse. (Sorry, I thought you had realised this.) In a Corsa, of course.

.

The trouble was, I assumed he was on his way to the garage, so I didn't expect him to be waiting at the exit to the car-park. I didn't know he was driving a silver car, didn't even recognise that the car which must have been tooting at me was a Corsa (which SuperSpouse was driving, silly me), and certainly didn't see his face. All I saw was this arm pointing back down the street to the car-park. And I didn't recognise the arm.

.

I really must take more notice of anonymous tooters in silver Corsas.

No comments: