Thursday, September 13, 2007


... so I spent most of today in bed, getting dressed in time for the boys coming home from school. I was shattered after yesterday's gastric flare-up. I wrote a couple of letters, read the newspaper, then slept for several hours. Who on earth would have thought that canned kidney-beans would prove so indigestible for someone with gastritis? Then when I woke up, I had a splitting headache because although I'd remembered to take the acid-inhibitor this morning, I'd forgotten the regular medication to help prevent headaches. What a cloth-head I am!


(Image thanks to http://www.ecureme.com/)


Of course I should really have been attending two events in Edinburgh, and I'd been looking forward to both of them. But, given that I was under doctor's orders to report immediately to the health-centre if I had another recurrence of yesterday's torment, it would have been a bit daft to propel myself 90 minutes in the opposite direction. Apart from feeling ill!

Have you been following the Madeleine McCann case? All along, we've wondered quietly whether the parents had anything to do with her disappearance. You don't like to voice your suspicions for fear you come across as unsympathetic or disbelieving.

1 comment:

transfattyacid said...

I'm not sure why you say the BBC is reliable, I would suggest they are entirely pro-McCann and even more so following the attacks by Max Hastings and Martin Bell,

I would suggest the forums on the Mirror, if you cut through the sludge, it is possible to get an accurate idea of what is happening drawn from media throughout the world.