Sunday, September 02, 2007

The geriatric hamster is still going strong - he's clearly unaffected by his accident last Friday.

Pseudo Not-so-Supermum excelled herself today. Cooked, washed, changed the boys' bedding from lightweight summer to normal duvets, did a spot of gardening ...

... just don't ask about the bread-machine.

Yesterday, everyone was delighted by my home-made bread rolls and lentil soup. Just before lunch-time today, I decided that they'd be even more delighted if I set more dough going for another batch of rolls for our tea.

Well, the machine did its stuff, and "beeped" to tell me the dough was ready for my attention. I covered the worktop with flour, greased the baking trays and melted some butter to brush on the rolls. Then opened the bread-machine.
**************
MORAL - IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW CAREFULLY YOU MEASURE THE INGREDIENTS IF YOU FORGET TO PUT THE PADDLE ON THE SPINDLE.

(Need I say more?! We had Hovis for tea.)
Thanks to http://www.essexuncovered.com/clubbersshop/ for the image. Appropriate, huh?

No comments: