Friday, September 21, 2007

The highs and the lows ... Hallucinating about Chocolate

On Wednesday night, I made a garden vegetable soup out of the Weight Watchers book, which even the boys (who don't do a lot of vegetables) said smelled good. It looked a bit weird, once I'd cooked it thoroughly, but it tasted okay when I had it for lunch yesterday, and didn't affect my digestion. Fine. Then I had plain fromage frais, and a slice of bread, and felt quite full. In terms of the bland diet, it wasn't quite a white meal, but it was pretty pale! I've had a lot of porridge and plain yoghourt recently, too!

Today, I was disorganised. I had a low-cal packet soup and Go-Ahead biscuits for my lunch, and that doesn't really fit into either of my diets. However, it didn't disagree with me. I must be getting better. Imagine my chagrin at not being able to share the wine and chocolates which my colleagues had at teabreak this afternoon, though. I had herb tea and tried to feel virtuous. Boy, it was hard!

Meanwhile, back home, Viola-Kid has muttered fitfully about a sore stomach - with no fever or other symptoms - and was very disconsolate when we suggested going to school yesterday. Both SuperSpouse and I simply had to be at work (short of appendicitis or a broken leg!), so Viola-Kid went to the childminder. He doesn't seem very ill to us! Today was a school holiday, and he got checked over by our GP. There doesn't seem to be much amiss. Bland diets seem to be de rigeur in my house!


Image thanks to http://www.israelity.com/ and http://www.wines.com/


No comments: