Friday, September 07, 2007


How can a sore heel lead to stomach pain this bad?


A couple of weeks ago, I was prescribed anti-inflammatories for my foot. This kind of tablet haven't agreed with me in the past, but the doctor hoped these sugar-coated ones would be safe enough. They weren't. I stopped taking them a week past Thursday. Then, late last Sunday night, I had one glass of wine before bed. And snoozed a bit.

Suddenly - OWCH! On a scale of 1-10, I'd give the foot 1.5, and the stomach 6 or 7. Not good. SuperSpouse wondered how bad it had to be before you called for an ambulance.

By Monday afternoon, I had a diagnosis of gastritis, different tablets for the stomach, and nothing for the heel. Oh, and a recommendation to eat a bland diet. I also joined Weight Watchers on Monday evening, so I'm eating a bland diet off the list of approved foods. I can hardly FAIL to lose weight!

Unfortunately, I still have the sore heel (predictably) but also the sore stomach intermittently. At least I've left a message for the physiotherapist about the heel.

None of this must get in the way of two family birthdays this month, so I have just baked a chocolate birthday cake for the first event. Looks good, smells good, but I won't be touching it. Humph!
Image from HowStuffWorks.com, with thanks.


No comments: