Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I sat my exam for the IOSH Certificate in Managing Safely, today. I'm told I passed. I don't yet know if I passed the project which forms the other part of the assessment.

So now, Pseudosupermum is shattered. I got up at 6.10 this morning so I could take a coffee back to bed and revise. Took the two younger boys to the childminder before going to work myself - it's their mid-term break.

After tea, I took the younger boys to the swimming baths. Remember last Wednesday and the fire-engine outside? Tonight, it was different baths and a different emergency. We got there, got changed, and went to the pool only to find everyone standing beside the water in semi-darkness. They'd had the second lighting failure of the day, only this one was at night so there was only the emergency lighting to go on. I'd have found that quite restful to swim by, but I can appreciate that you can't let kids swim in semi-darkness in case there's an emergency that you don't notice. We waited until the lights came back on again and swam for half an hour.

Half an hour doesn't make much difference to your Weight Watchers activity points, I can tell you. Why, even 45 minutes only amounts to one Danone Activa yogurt! Measly, isn't it?!

SuperSpouse and Cello-Kid are back from their trip to Hitchin to collect a Benslow Music Trust cello. They're twice as tired as me!


Once the boys are in bed I can have a bath and get to bed myself - I can hardly wait!





Images thanks to ://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/06/50/23125006.jpg and http://www.allaboutyou.com/graphics/library4/bath%20150.jpg - NOT a picture of me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am sitting the IOSH exam on Monday, any tips?
I was loking for pass papers?

Pseudo-Supermum said...

I wasn't shown any past papers, so I'm afraid I can't help you there. What I did was make cards with all the facts we'd been told, then just went over them and over them and over again! Don't worry too much - it wasn't a difficult exam. And I did pass!