Saturday, December 15, 2007

Shattered pseudosupermum

How many times have I commented that December really is a crazy month. We take all the usual routine chores and events then add twice as much again, and try to achieve it all in the same amount of time - or preferably less!

Viola-Kid had croup last week. Saxophone-Kid had a milder version - just a cough. I have something similar. And I KNOW that no matter how many vitamin supplements I take, I won't get over it as long as I'm twirling round like the proverbial top. If I twirl any more, I'll disappear down the plughole, never to be seen again.

So, what do I do when the going gets tough? I resort to lists. I have too many windows open on my mental desktop, and if I don't write things down, they get forgotten. I still have so many gifts to buy, and I am really running out of time in which to get them.

Next week - easy peasy - I have a podiatrist's appointment on Monday, the car's MOT and staff training at work on Tuesday, go to Norwich for a 24-hour trip on Wednesday/Thursday, have to collect the boys early from school on Friday, and finally collapse into a little frazzled heap round about Saturday. Two days in which to direct the perfect evening Christmas Lessons and Carols service and catch up on anything else I've forgotten, and then hey, folks, it's Christmas!

It feels like time for a snooze. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: