Sunday, December 09, 2007

Speechless

I woke this morning to find I had lost my voice, which was odd considering it was certainly there last night. I decided to award myself a restful day, and sure enough, the voice returned.

This evening I went carol-singing at an old folks' home, with my church choir. We were well-appreciated, which was nice.

I was spending a few idle minutes on the Weight Watchers student chatline this morning, as I had discovered a whole load of weight-watching students in the performing arts. I asked if anyone else was submerged in carol-singing, and back came the comment, "I'm so sick of singing O come, O come, Emmanuel." Strangely enough, I've only done that once this season. But if I hear the radio play "In the bleak mid-winter", with choristers breathing in all the wrong places, one more time, I shall explode ...

No comments: