Sunday, March 02, 2008

It's Mother's Day in the UK. Yesterday, I got flowers and a fabulous pair of earrings. This morning, SuperSpouse gave me a card, then off he went to church. I tidied up after our breakfast then woke the boys.

Cello-Kid gave me a card from all three of them, but forgot to tell his brothers. The middle one didn't speak to me for the next hour, and the little one gave me a row for waking him up, but not telling him to get dressed and have breakfast. (He's NINE! He knows he has to get dressed and have breakfast before we go to church ...)

That was a good start, wasn't it?!

There were two baptisms at church today, but Mother's Day never got a mention. And when we got home, I sorted more washing, cooked lunch, made bread and a cake for tea. It was shaping up to be a normal day. Then the rain began. Oh, woe!

I'd hoped we would go out for afternoon tea, but it didn't look promising. However, I'm happy to relate that the weather dried up, and we had a wonderful afternoon tea in a tea-shop that we hadn't been to in about 13 years! So the day wasn't quite such a wash-out after all. Phew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you had a great mother's day after all. . . .

Blessings!

Gina