Friday, August 29, 2008

Update!

The conference is over. Had a great trip to visit the Britannia Panopticon Music Hall in Glasgow's Trongate this afternoon. Fascinating!

I'm speaking at a conference in Leeds next weekend - the conference is on Music and the Idea of the North, and my talk is about Alexander Campbell's song-collecting in the Western Isles of Scotland. I sent off the PowerPoint to the organiser today - it is a good way of making sure I can't spend any more time revising the basic structure! I've written and re-written the paper, and now reduced it to notes so that I have to speak it rather than read it. Just a question of going over and over and over again, now.

This evening, I've -
  • Done the shopping order;
  • Put two loads of washing through the machine;
  • Done some corrections to Thesis Chapter 1;
  • Dealt with the school letters which I eventually wrestled from the boys' school-bags .... (!)

Now it's time for supper and bed!

No comments: