Wednesday, February 04, 2009

A BREAKTHROUGH MOMENT

Finally, I worked out why I'm anxious about concluding Chapter 3. It's because there is no single conclusion. I suggested to my supervisor yesterday, that maybe it was telling me it needed dividing into two chapters, and he agreed.

Okayyyy - so it's back to the drawing-board, folks. I've been warned it's not just a question of 'cutting it in two', but to a certain extent, that's precisely how I intend to start.

I WANNA GO TO NORTHAMPTON! Strange, but true. There's a manuscript down there that I long to see. First I have to see copies of its partners, in the National Library of Scotland. Get an idea of the contents, then head down south. Wish me luck as I try to arrange this trip. Nothing on earth is as exciting as the thrill of the chase, when it comes to old manuscripts. Does that make me a geek? Then I'm Proud To Be A Geek!

Some of my workmates just do not understand me. I must be too much of a geek. Sorry, folks - I can't help it. No, I'm not sorry. I'm just me. Why must I apologise for that?!! Well, I'm going to read a book that I bought some years ago, just to make myself feel better: 'I'm not crazy, I'm just not you', by Roger R. Pearman & Sarah C. Albritton.

This is a crazy week, in fact.


  • *Snow? Glasgow has had it easy, on that front.
  • *I'm on call for Jury service (not that I've been picked yet).
  • *I have a dishwasher that decided to breakdown on Sunday,
  • *and my car had a flat tyre as I set off to work after the engineer had been.
  • *Last Friday, as I came back from my conference, Saxophone-Kid fiddled with his Daddy's electric windows while Daddy was operating them from the front of his car. BANG!! £163 for the new components, plus labour. ("I can manage the three?", he offered.)

    And this, ladies and gents, is the little boy who cost me £200 a couple of years ago when he tried to open the rear door of my own Citroen while I was centrally unlocking it. Citroens and kids are clearly incompatible...


No comments: