Saturday, July 18, 2009


This comes from the Companions of St Anthony.org - friends, please note that he's holding a book. My book, hopefully. (Well, it belongs to the National Library of Scotland but they've lost it...) Should I sign up to the Companions of St Anthony, if he's the patron saint of Lost Things? But I'm a Church of Scotland organist - what would the Presbyterians say if they knew I was checking out saints?! As a matter of fact, you don't have to look far for prayers to Saint Anthony of Padua. There's a small problem in that Presbyterians don't pray to saints. But would this one be so very bad?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
St. Anthony, St. Anthony
Please come down
Something is lost
And can't be found.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The irritating thing is that I consider myself to work in the No.1 Scottish Ladies Detective Agency. But clearly my detective/clairvoyant powers don't work on the East Coast of Scotland, only on home ground.

No comments: