Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Viola-Kid might, quite possibly, have swine-flu. Oh, joy!

Figure this one:
  • SuperSpouse cannot go near him for fear he catches it. (72, heart condition, 2 recent major operations ...)
  • Saxophone Kid wants to avoid getting it
  • Cello Kid will come home terrified of catching it
  • Pseudo-Supermum is a healthy adult so must therefore run around like a headless chicken ensuring no-one else gets sick.
  • Everyone needs Pseudo-Supermum, and if she gets sick, there's nowhere she can be quarantined apart from the carpeted but cluttered and incredibly dusty attic. An inviting prospect.

Sadly, I can't attend my uncle's funeral - I can't leave Glasgow if I have a sick boy whose father is not allowed near him!

*

This evening I phoned directory enquiries twice, NHS24 twice, Mum twice, Aunt once, National Rail Enquiries, Scotrail Enquiries, went to Asda for Nurofen and more soft drinks, put two loads of washing through, emptied the dishwasher, and had two attempts at creating slides for next week's PowerPoint. "Honestly, I don't know what's wrong with you. You're being ridiculous. What are you getting so uptight about?"

*

Quite so. What on earth could be upsetting me?! I'm just being a silly woman.

No comments: