Tuesday, December 01, 2009

On the eve of our wedding, I ironed.
On the morning of the birth of our firstborn, I ironed.
Can't remember what I did before going to hospital for the second and third.
Tonight, the eve of my doctoral graduation ...

Now, WOULD you believe it?! SuperSpouse thought he'd surprise me (he did) by doing ALL the ironing. So I'm deprived of my ritual calming-down activity!

Quick, where's the small sherry and a piece of that delicious cake I baked last weekend?

MEANWHILE, flying high ... I've been shortlisted for a travelling scholarship and elected to Council of the Royal Musical Association. I can hardly believe these things are happening to me. There's depth to the quiet librarian.

2 comments:

Felicity from Down Under said...

you're fantastic; and now that the precedent has been set with the ironing, I hope you're going to insist in future that that be the way of things on a permanent basis!

Flapsi Hapsi said...

Yay for quiet librarians! They can conquer anything....oh and if you have other stressful occasions coming up I always have an ironing pile here you know... you'd be most welcome!!