Sunday, June 13, 2010

Go to church - play for two services, go home.

'Morning, Mum! How was your morning? Gee, thanks for letting me lie in.'

No. Wishful thinking.

Avenging Angel appears, clutching cheap Primark tee-shirt. 'DIDN'T YOU READ THE WASHING INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS TEE-SHIRT?!!!!!!!'

I looked. Wash at 40 - yes. Don't dry-clean or tumble - No. Medium iron - well, I steam-ironed using a tea-cloth so that the heat wouldn't go directly onto the transfer, as is my custom.

The dinosaur's glasses don't look metallic any more.

Honestly, I never seem to amaze myself. How anyone so well-intentioned can get it so crassly, crashingly, disgustingly wrong most of the time is a miracle to me.

You know, really this blog has become outdated. For 'PseudoSupermum', read 'inadequate domestic, barely worth naming at all'.

Better stop here. I have to make an apple-crumble and iron SuperSpouse's trousers. Heaven help me if either goes wrong.

4 comments:

Felicity from Down Under said...

sounds as if it's time to introduce the males of the outfit to their role in life: like it or do it yourself!

Pseudo-Supermum said...

Went to Primark at lunchtime. Sensed the general atmosphere of hordes of peope busily shopping, and queueing to pay - and left. Didn't buy replacement dinosaur shirt at all.

Felicity from Down Under said...

of course the truly worrying thing about this is that you're ironing T-shirts at all!

Pseudo-Supermum said...

It wasn't for me, or even for the Avenging Angel - it was more so as not to show him up or offend the others on the music course whose mothers Always Iron T-Shirts.

(I still remember collecting him from one very tidy house where all the ironing was beautifully folded or hanging up to air in the kitchen. So yes - there ARE mums who iron routinely. Sad, I agree!)