1-2 packs sausages (this determines how many friends you can serve!)
Jar sweet'n'sour sauce
Pudding (if hungry) - 'Basics' steamed sponge pudding. (Follow instructions. Remove from tin and microwave AFTER you've eaten first course.)
- Chop onion, fry with pricked sausages. Don't burn them!
- Peel and slice carrots lengthways, like chunky matchsticks. Add to pan.
- Once everything's a little browned, carefully drain off any extra oil before the next step, or you'll have a casserole with too much oil floating on top. Which you won't want!
- Add sauce, bring to boil, put in casserole and oven-cook for 30 mins 180 deg C. Or turn down heat and just simmer in pan.
- Meanwhile, peel, salt and boil spuds.