To go on meat, goujons, or anything else. Or add to mince for a bolognaise.
- Can or carton of chopped or unchopped tomatoes (Basics range)
- Pinch of chilli seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped garlic clove. (Not the whole bulb - just 1-2 segments depending on taste!)
- Fry onion and garlic in a little sunflower oil. Don't have heat too high, or you'll burn them.
- Add other ingredients, get it hot, then turn down heat and simmer 20 mins. If you used whole tomatoes, mash them up a bit.
- If you want a meatier sauce for pasta, fling in a few slices of bacon, ham or garlic sausage.