Sunday, August 04, 2013

So I will drive 500 miles (and I will drive 500 more)

'Stout Supporting Shoes - God Help Me!'

The woman who fell on her toe
Suspected she'd broken it so
She saw her GP
Who inclined to agree
But said it was okay to go ...

So in trainers she drove to her Mum*
It didn't seem terribly dumb
Since she ably changed gear
For miles without fear
No niggles to make her feel glum.

Today she set off for the gym,
In hope that she'd soon become slim
But imagine her woe
When they said that her toe
Should be x-rayed- the outlook seems grim.

No workouts, no classes at all - 
And all 'cos she happened to fall
While grabbing the phone
She fractured a bone
And all for a redialled call!

* Yes, I drove 1000 miles last week.  I thought I had a fractured toe - and now I know!

No comments: