Sunday, November 17, 2013

Washing Machine Upgrade Required

© Alstonefield Local History Society
Staffordshire Past Tracks
 
We've been here before. SuperSpouse insists women no longer do the laundry - their washing machines do it all for them.

 Now, I agree I can go away and leave my laundry in a nice tidy washing machine, indoors, and do something else of my choosing.  What I take issue with is the suggestion that women no longer have any part in the proceedings.

My washing machine does not gather, sort, load/unload, hang up, take down, fold, iron or put away the laundry.  If there is a machine that does all that, then it's time I had an upgrade.

Image from The Potteries website. 

1 comment:

Felicity from Down Under said...

Oh, I hear you on this one. That's why, in my house, we have a laundry fairy. You could be mistaken for thinking that I'm the laundry fairy, since I seem to be the one handing back loads of clean, folded laundry as a result of her endeavours, but as the laundry is considered a non-essential task that does itself (and, therefore, any of my time spent upon it simply wasted), then it must be the laundry fairy who's responsible. This does seem to be yet another conundrum of modern life and I'd like to know about what solution you find!